Still a little nervous we decide it would be smart to put the battery back in the smoke detector in the downstairs hallway (this has been apart for some time and I can't really remember why. Not to worry, it isn't our only fire detector). We went back to bed hoping to sleep peacefully the rest of the night. Instead, Griffin woke up a little while later claiming that he heard a beeping noise. Not knowing what it was we went back to bed. Shortly thereafter we were awoken a THIRD time by the fire alarm going off. This time we both hopped out of bed and ran downstairs to check out the fire detector. No fire. (This must be why we disconnected it last time).
Stupidly we decided to hit the "silence" button on the detector and go back to bed. After we just finally began to fall asleep - the alarm starts to beep again! waking us up for the FOURTH time. This time we were smarter and took the fire detector apart. Thankfully that was the last time we woke up that night. Not a very good night of sleep though.
After church on Sunday we stopped at Target to pick up a new fire detector.....now we just need a new furnace.
Here is a short video clip from a FRIENDS episode. Griffin and I felt a little like Phoebe from this episode.
1 comment:
LOL! As I was reading your blog, I was totally thinking about that Friends episode with Phoebe and the smoke detector - and then really cracked up when I saw that you posted the video!
Post a Comment