Sunday, July 5, 2009

Moving Day!

We've finally moved into our new house!   It was a long wait but well worth it.   June 26th we moved out of our old house, closed on our new house AND moved into our new house.  It was a busy day but thankfully Griff's parents, Rudy & Paula, were there to help it all go smoothly.   Everything ended up going very well and we were extremely thankful that we decided to hire movers.  They did a wonderful job and I don't know how we would have done it otherwise.  It took the 3 men close to 7 1/2 hours to complete the move.

I didn't think I would have a hard time leaving the old house, but I did.   I ended up crying a couple times - especially when our favorite neighbors (Jim & Jenny and their 3 adorable children) came over to say goodbye.    We love our old house and it was hard to leave all the good memories that we created there.   (Griffin proposed to me in that house - one of my most favorite memories)  But we are in our new home now and we love it.  We have a lot to unpack still, but we are slowly getting it all done.   We've met a bunch of nice neighbors and have enjoyed taking walks/bike rides around our new neighborhood.    We look forward to the many new memories that we will create in this new home.  

Moving out of our old home.  It was really sad to see it empty.

Our old dining room.....so bare without a table

Our old family room.

Our first meal at the new house.  We didn't have anything unpacked yet so we were creative with our lunch.  Griffin and I used some tupperware that we found and Rudy ate off of a cutting board.

Paula also used a cutting board as her plate for lunch

Sold!

We hung our EWALD door knocker on the front door

I love these built in china cabinets in the dining room!

Finally we got to take our china out of their boxes.   They've been stored in the attic at the old house since the wedding.

New house - New TV.   This is a picture of Griffin on the phone with Best Buy making sure he set the new TV up correctly.  (He did.)

1 comment:

Leisa said...

Yea for the new house!! ps- thanks alot... i got luke to hold out on th new tv thing... but now that grif got his....