Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Wedding: 9/6/2008

Our wedding day was the best day!  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.  It was so great.....it is just too bad it went by so fast!   But I love that we can relive it through photographs and stories.    

The day was gorgeous with picture perfect weather - a huge blessing since it was an outdoor ceremony!    Griffin and I each spent time with our wedding parties in the morning getting ready.   He and the guys went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some football games, while the girls and I spent the morning at the salon getting our hair and makeup done.     We started taking pictures with the photographer around 2pm and I could not wait until the ceremony at 4pm.  I couldn't wait to marry Griffin - my love.  
   
The ceremony took place in the grassy knoll right beside the water.   My dear friend, Dave Fladung, sang a couple of our favorite songs for us during the ceremony.    And our friend, Pastor Jim Vining, officiated the wedding.    I tried to make it through the ceremony without crying, but that just wasn't possible.   

We had an outdoor cocktail hour and then went indoors for the reception.    Everything was great!   We heard great toasts, ate terrific food and saw some pretty amazing dance moves.

I have plenty of precious memories and photos from that night - it is just too much to share all here - although I wish I could.    

We are waiting for the professional pictures from our photographer (can't wait to see those!), but we do have some pictures now from friends/family.    Below is a shot of Griffin and I enjoying our famous Morton pumpkin ice cream.


Also, here is a link to a short video that the photographer put together for us while we wait for all the shots from the wedding.     He did such an amazing job! 



And here is a link to a short video that the sweet Leisa Wuthrich made and posted on her blog - I LOVE IT!     




No comments: